The Booster Club is for all parents/guardians who have runners on the Cross Country team. The Booster Club supports the Cross Country team by donating time, equipment and funds to the team. The Booster Club organizes race day nutritional snacks for our runners and the post-season banquet.
If you are not getting email from the Booster Club, please sign up.
Below is information from the Coaches.
The Newport High School Cross Country team competes in the Kingco 4A League.
- Athletes must complete the entire season
- Attend all practices with the exception of rare excused absence
- Racing in all regular season meets, including the Bellevue City Meet and KingCo
- Exceptions will be made only for those unable to race due to injury and excused by the coaches
- Athletes who do not meet these criteria will not:
- Receive participation credit
- Receive a waiver for PE credit
- Athletes must consistently be on varsity for their gender throughout the entire season
- Varsity typically includes the top ten, though this may vary from season to season
- Coaches also award letters to athletes at their own discretion
- If a team member was injured and could potentially have been in the top ten, a letter may be granted
- A senior who has received recognition for participation in all four years will earn a letter