Newport Cross Country team members and families, please join us to honor the hard work and effort of our XC team, our coaches, staff and volunteers at the year end XCountry Potluck Awards Banquet!
Date: Tuesday, November 13
Location: Newport High School Commons
Please bring a dish and/or sign up to help out:
- Tuesday, November 5, 2019: Chipotle fundraiser: This is the last fundraiser of the season. This is needed to help fund the banquet and coaches gifts. Please mark your calendar.
- Wednesday, November 13, 2019: End of season potluck banquet, from 6 PM to 9 PM. We will need your help to make this happen. More on this soon. Thank you to Karen Rhatigan and Emilie Castle for chairing the event!
Ski Swap Boosters are required to provide food for the event, please help! Here is the link: https://www.newportskiswap.com/volunteer . Provide details like Sandwiches for 20, Energy drinks for 50, Pizza for 35 etc. Any type of food is appreciated. Deliver your food donations to the ski swap volunteer in the school commons near the main gym. Thank You!
General Funds Update
- We ordered the 2nd tent! We also purchased meet-day snacks, spikes, hampers and a few other items for the team. Upcoming expenses include the banquet, coaches gifts and expenses related to State (not to get ahead of ourselves….)
- Voluntary fee participation was low—only about half the families gave, but we will make it work. It’s not too late to give! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to donate.
- Restaurant fundraiser helped:
- Panda Express–$133
- Microsoft Families—Microsoft matches volunteer hours: Log any hours spent volunteering for the XC team on the Microsoft Give benevity site. Time spent volunteering at the team summer camp, XC meets, time spent shopping for and cooking any meals for the end of season party. For example, 2.5 hours volunteering as a course monitor at a meet is approximately $67 for the Boosters to directly support the team. Two hours spent shopping and cooking for the end of season pot luck party is $50. Please don’t “leave that match money on the table”!!! On the //give site, select Knight Athletic Booster Association, Bellevue, Washington when submitting for a Match. Then in the Notes for Charity section make sure you add “For XC Boosters“.
Your Booster President,
Attention XC Parents who are Microsoft Employees
Parents who are employed at Microsoft PLEASE remember to log any hours spent volunteering for the XC team on the Microsoft Give benevity site. This is at https://give. This includes time spent volunteering at the team summer camp, XC meets, time spent shopping for and cooking any meals for the end of season party. For example, 2.5 hours volunteering as a course monitor at a meet is approximately $67 for the Boosters to directly support the team. Two hours spent shopping and cooking for the end of season pot luck party is $50. Please don’t “leave that match money on the table”!!!
On the //give site, select Knight Athletic Booster Association, Bellevue, Washington when submitting for a Match. Then in the Notes for Charity section make sure you add “For XC Boosters”
|Let’s Make it Easy!|
| If your student is running Cross Country, then you are (automatically) a member of the Booster Club—congrats and welcome!|
Immediate things to know/do:
Fundraising Who doesn’t want simple? We are making it super simple with a tax-deductible $75/student contribution (recommended minimum—more is always better). We will also do a monthly restaurant-fundraiser. September and October are TBD. November 5th is Chipotle.
Ways to pay: Remember the season is short, so we need funds ASAP so the team can use them this season.
Copyright © 2019 Newport XC Booster Club, All rights reserved. |
Hello Cross Country/Track Families!
Coaches announce the official opening of registration for the 2019 Newport Cross Country Camp! New and returning athletes are invited to a week of fun bonding and challenging conditioning. Space is limited to 45 students; sign up early to ensure your spot for the most eXCiting week of the summer!
WHO: Camp is open to newcomers, returning team members, and incoming freshmen
WHEN: July 22-26, 2019 (Depart ~11:00 am Monday – Returning ~3:00pm Friday)
Transportation is provided to and from Newport High School by charter bus.
WHAT: A team tradition and fun way for incoming and returning runners to meet other XC team members, get in shape for the season, and bond as a team. Parent volunteers chaperone and cook – If you are able to volunteer, please contact Coach Lafler or Coach Kayla at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Camp Packing List: https://1drv.ms/w/s!
Parent Authorization Page1: https://www.newportxc.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Camp-Form.jpeg
Parent Authorization Page2:https://www.newportxc.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/2nd-part-of-Camp-form.jpeg
Emergency Health Information: https://www.newportxc.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Medical-Forms.pdf
If medications (prescription or over the counter) are needed while at camp form: https://www.newportxc.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Medication-Authorization-form.pdf
HOW: The cost of camp for 2019 is $300, and is non-refundable. To register, follow the below link and registration instructions.
Go to: https://touchbase.bsd405.org/
If you do not have a student in the Bellevue School District you may create a guest login: Click here for the Parent’s getting Started Guide. Need help? Contact email@example.com
Enter User Name (student ID)
Enter Password (last name proper case: Example Smith)
Click on: Sign In
Click on gray box with student’s name on it.
Click on Items at Students School.
Click on Category – Trips/Camps.
Locate your field trip –
For confidential scholarship info, contact: Beth Hanley, Newport Boosters Treasurer firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Note: If student needs to take medication at camp, the medical authorization form needs to be submitted by May 31, 2019 for review by a BSD nurse. If a medical authorization form is already on file from the school year, no additional form is needed.
If your student is running Cross Country, then you are (automatically) a member of the Booster Club—Welcome!
The XC Booster Club supports our athletes and the coaches by fundraising to provide: race day snacks (those athletes are HUNGRY), hosting the end of season banquet, giving coaches awards and spiritwear. XC Boosters also raises funds for spikes, spike bags, timer, watches and team supplies like KT tape, TheraBands, and dumb bells. This year we hope to have enough additional funds to replace the damaged team tent from last year and also purchase new spirit banner with the CHARGE mantra. The sports fee that is paid online only covers the expense to run the program. All the other items mentioned above require funds to be raised by XC Boosters. We need your help!
Please bring your check book to the 8/23 meeting to pay the tax-deductible recommended minimum $75 per athlete fee. Full participation avoids secondary fundraisers. Booster Club officers will be available outside the gym from 6:30 PM to 7 PM to take payments and answer questions.
- *Preferred* Write check to Cross Country Boosters – KABA (can be mailed to Beth Hanley at 15412 SE 44th PL, Bellevue 98006)
- Pay Pal: http://bit.ly/XCPayPal
- Venmo contact Sandi Tampa – NewportXCBoosters@outlook.com
Parent Volunteers are needed immediately for:
- Potluck Banquet Chair(s)— This is simple! There is already a playbook to bring the event together smoothly.
- Fundraising chair(s)— responsible for organizing fundraisers and keeping donations top of mind.
Newport XC Boosters Board Contacts: